CSS as well?

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Hey - this plugin rocks but I was wondering whether its possible to also support CSS Regions ?

i.e. so in CSS files you could have

/*#region Main Float */

.some-class {

//some stuff

}

/*#endregion

?

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Hi Andy,

Not a bad idea actually.

In order to avoid performance issues on other content types of code than javascript I have added attribute to register the extension just for JScript.
You can see that in source code in JsOuliningTaggerProvider class:

[ContentType("JScript")]
[Export(typeof(ITaggerProvider))]
[TagType(typeof(IOutliningRegionTag))]
public class JsOuliningTaggerProvider : ITaggerProvider {

The ContentTypeAttribute could be applied multiple time on the provider class.
So, I just added CSS content type support to the extension and issues a new release 1.1

Enjoy.

Regards

Jun 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Hey Velio, Awesome! Really handy for handling big chunks of CSS of larger sites. Does the new release 1.1 support CSS regions ? I've installed it and tried /*#region Start Main */ .some-class { //some stuff } .some-class2 { //some stuff } /*#endregion */ But it doesn't seem to region it ? i.e. only individual classes seem to work ?
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Hi Andy

I just added CSS content type to be supported by the extension.
Next I have to implement multiline comments and CSS custom regions support.

Regards

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:27 AM
Hey Velio, Oh Awesome! I thought something strange was happening :P Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Looking forward to it!
Jul 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Hey Velio :) Hope you are well - just wondering whether the last commit has the update for CSS ? Thx again
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Any update yet ?

Sorry to keep buggin but this is such a handy plugin - adding CSS support is going to make life so much easier - so cant wait for the update!

:)

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2010 at 4:19 PM

gonna throw a bump in there :)

love to see CSS added :)

[thanks!]

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:49 PM
[double bump to anyone that can do this!]
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Hi Andy,

Your persistence is outstanding :)
I'm glad to inform you about the new release 1.2, which has an implemented support for the CSS files now.

Enjoy :)

Jul 16, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Velio, You're a legend!!! I just use this plugin everyday now - and it's ridiculously handy. Thanks so much. MSFT should have this as standard in VS2010 :)